Most of the information you, the customer, provide us with happens when you’re engaging with us and our brand. This could be from anything from browsing the site, to purchasing and registering for an account.
When creating and registering an account, you may provide us with personal information including your name, email address, delivery address, phone number, credit card details, date of birth and other general marketing preferences.
We may also receive information from you via you entering one of our competitions, participating in any feedback questionnaires around your shopping experience with us, or from any communication you may have with our customer services team.
WHAT YOU'RE USING (DEVICE INFORMATION)
When it comes to the technology you’re using to shop with, we collect device specific information which can include the model, operating system, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
When you use our website or services, we automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This information can include details of what you search for, your internet protocol address (IP), device information such as operating system, browser language and date/time of any requests you make.
DELIVERY, YOUR NEW HAIR IS ON THE WAY!
We, of course, use your address and contact data to ensure we can deliver all the must-buy products you purchase with us to your front door as soon as possible. We will also drop you several emails and text messages to provide you with updates on your order. On this, we also share selected information with our trusted courier partners, so they can also keep you updated on your parcels progress.
KEEPING YOU IN THE LOOP (MARKETING)
If you decide to opt in we’ll use your info provided to keep you up to date with all our latest news and offers. With your permission, we can contact you via email, text or keep things traditional with post. You can edit your marketing preferences, or choose to opt out at any time (hit the unsubscribe button in the email if you don’t have an account)
TAKING YOUR MONIES (PAYMENT)
We use your card, and address information to process your transaction via the safe and protected shopify payments portal. Shopify is certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant. This compliance extends by default to all stores powered by Shopify. Shopify are very serious about securely and have invested significant time and money to certify our solution is PCI compliant.
If when checking out you select the option requesting us to save your card details for future use, this will also be saved the same way. Which means no one can see or copy your details. Good to know, right?
To protect our customers and services, we use data to prevent fraud and malicious activity. This includes the use of your Internet Protocol address (aka your IP address), device information and address data. This also ensures we meet our legal responsibilities to ensure our business and customers are protected at all times.
If you ever contact our customer service team with a complaint or an issue, we’ll keep a record of your communication to help us in the future with any issues you may have. We may also use this to improve our team and ensure we can answer your questions correctly and efficiently.
We’re pretty big on putting ourselves and our brand out there to keep our customers up to date on our goings on and latest product offering. We do this through advertising. With this, we look to target you, the customer, with our banners and adverts - even when you’re using other websites and services not associated with us.
Our third-party advertising partners and its service providers will deliver to you banner advertisements and other advertising tailored to your interests when you visit certain websites. Our advertising partner will make the data we provide it pseudonymous, this means it is not personally identifiable.
We also use a number of digital marketing networks, as well as several advertising technologies including pixels, ad tags, cookies, device identifiers and web beacons. The adverts you see from us will use some of the information we’re currently holding about you, or pervious information from your use of our services.
We take the protection of our customer’s data very seriously, so you can trust we wouldn’t, and don’t, sell or distribute any of your personal data to untrusted third parties. We do, however, share relevant parts of your personal information, including your name, address, email address, as well as a record of any transactions you conduct on our website or offline with selected third parties. These are closely selected, monitored and audited companies who assist us in providing our services to you the customer. To help explain what they do we have broken these down to four key categories:
- Companies within the Boohoo PLC group – our trusted family.
- Companies that help us and our customers use our services such as payment processors, warehouse team, courier companies and return services.
- Service providers that we work closely with to help us run things day to day and provide better experiences to customers. These companies include Google, advertising partners, our website hosting company and various other tools we use such as multi-variant testing etc.
- Companies that we feel sure get our customer’s approval. These include social media sites (such as when you login with Facebook), or if you decide to checkout using PayPal when shopping with us.
Any other third parties will not receive your personal identifiable information. They may however get access to anonymized data which we use to identify patterns and market trends.
KEEPING YOUR INFO ON FILE
When it comes to keeping your deets on file, we basically hold your personal information for:
- As long as you have an account with us.
- As long as it is needed to provide services to you.
- Or as long as it is necessary in order to produce support related activities.
In certain cases, we may keep hold of some of your information after you have closed your account, or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you. This type of situation may arise if your details are needed to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
SAYING NO TO UNWANTED MARKETING MESSAGES
If, at any time, you decide you want us to stop hitting you up via your inbox - this is cool. You can stop receiving any form of marketing messages from us by:
- Letting us know via updating your account settings to reflect this new request.
- Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email or text message you receive from us.
- Getting in touch and contacting our customer services team direct.
Once any of the above are actioned, we’ll update your profile. Don’t worry, choosing to stop receiving our marketing messages won’t stop communications with us completely. You’ll still get important updates you need to know about from us with regards to your order(s), we call these ‘service contacts’.
When it comes to your personal info, you have a lot of rights. These include:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used by companies.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we purge your data, stop processing it or collecting it in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages.
- The right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint to make, or just have a question for us - get in touch!
Our customers are super important to us so feel free to hit us up with any issues or queries you have. Here’s when to get in touch:
- If you have any questions or feedback about this notice.
- If you would like us to stop using your information.
- If you want to exercise any of your rights mentioned above.
- If you have a complaint - if you feel we’ve let you down or there’s any areas we could do better, we wanna know about it.