Do Human Hair Wigs Get Frizzy?
A human hair wig does not differ from natural hair when it comes to hair maintenance. The wig needs just as much attention as your own hair needs. If you expose your wig to heat styling tools every single day, chances are that the human hair wigs get frizzy and dry. So, how do you take care of the untidy and rough wig? Before we get onto the tips and tricks, make yourself aware of the factors that lead to a frizzy wig.
Factors that lead to a frizzy Human Hair Wig
Aside from using heating tools, your wig is prone to becoming dry and damaged when it’s deprived of the essential oils that keep your hair smooth and healthy. When you use hair curlers/straightener, the wig loses its moisture, thus causing hair to become tangled and frizzy.
When you’re purchasing human hair wigs for the first time, make sure it’s of high-quality. If you compromise on the quality, the wig won’t last long.
Another reason that could affect the quality of your human hair wig is when it’s exposed to chlorine or hard water. Hair is porous to the chemicals and minerals which could easily strip off the natural oils needed by your hair.
However, worry not these tips will help you in smoothing out the frizz and make your human hair wig soft and well-maintained.
Tips on How to Fix a Frizzy Human Hair Wig
1) Use a wide-tooth comb to comb your wig and gently remove any tangles by combing from the bottom layer to the top layers of the wig.
2) Fill a tub full of cold water and add a sufficient amount of wig shampoo to the water. Mix to create lather and submerge your wig. Let the wig stay for 3-5 minutes. Don’t scrub your wig as this could lead to damage.
3) Remove the wig and use a dry towel to remove the excess water. Now it’s time to condition your wig. Apply a small amount of conditioner to the bottom layers of your wig and rinse it with cold water. Wash it thoroughly to ensure that the conditioner is fully removed.
4) While your wig is damp, take a pair of scissors to trim the ends of the wig. Once the ends are cut neatly, let it air dry. It’s advised not to use a blow-dryer or any heating appliance as this could promote frizz.
5) Once the wig has dried up, comb your hair gently. You could use a fabric softener sheet that could smooth out crimped hair wig.
Style your wig and finish it with a setting spray to keep the hair intact.
If you think your human hair wig has become too damaged to the extent that these tips won’t help, pay a visit to a hair salon that provides clients with wig conditioning services. Renewing your hair wig will repair the cuticles and bring back the shine to your wig.
By taking care of human hair wig just the way you take of your natural hair, you can get rid of the frizz problems once and for all and wear it with confidence.
Shop our range of Human Hair Wigs.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.