CUTTING THE LACE
1. Remove the wig from the packaging and lay the wig on a flat surface.
2. Decide how you want to cut the lace.
If you are going to be gluing the lace front down, leave 1-2 centimeters of lace. If you are going glue-less and securing with the combs, cut as close to the hairline as possible.
CLEANING THE LACE
If you do decide to use glue to secure your wig, you will need to clean the lace occasionally, this is how.
1. Using an old toothbrush dip the head in 70% or higher alcohol.
2. Putting a tissue or cloth on the inside of the lace carefully rub until all makeup and glue is removed.
3. Wipe clean with a cloth or wash wig.
WASHING YOUR WIG
1. Fill a sink with cold water, then add a few drops of shampoo- baby shampoo is perfect.
2. Swirl the wig around in the water trying to avoid rubbing the hair together as this can cause tangling.
3. Rinse the hair thoughly until the water runs clear and there is no shampoo left of the hair.
4. Towel dry the hair, again being careful not to rub the hair together.
HOW TO RESTYLE YOUR WIG
CURLING WITH A HEAT WAND OR STRAIGHTNER
1. Never set your heating tool higher than 180 degrees, to protect the hair.
2. The first time you curl your hair, test a small strand in a inconspicuous area to check that you have the right temp and your hair wont burn.
3. Curl the hair clipping each section as you go to allow the curl to cool.
4. Take out all clips, brush out curls and style as you wish.
CURLING WITH STEAM
1. You will need rollers to set the hair, you can use any that you have at home.
2. Wet the hair and set the rollers how you wish.
3. Using a garment steamer, hover the steam over each roller for 20-30 seconds.
4. Allow to cool and dry completely.
5. Remove the rollers and style as you wish.
1. If you find that your wig is a little shiny, use a light spry of dry shampoo to reduce the shine. This will also give the hair a very natural texture.
2. To help create an even more realistic part, part the hair as desired and use a hair dryer on low heat and speed to set and flatten the hair around the parting.
3. Running a small amount of your skins color concealer into the part of the wig will give you a more realistic look, if you like a defined part.
4. After washing your wig, hang it upside down to create added volume and texture.
5. Store your wig on a wig head or in the box/bag provided. This will help prolong the life of the wig and prevent tangling.
CARING FOR YOUR STRAIGHT WIG
1. Using a wide tooth comb, gently comb through starting at the ends and working upwards gently.
2. If there are any tangles, gently brush through them with your fingers.
3. Using an oil sheen spray, anything not oil based, spray on as directed and brush through for a glossy finish.
CARING FOR YOUR CURLY WIG
1. In a spray bottle, dilute conditioner with water to a ratio of around 1/4 conditioner to water.
2.Lightly spray all over the wig until just damp.
3.Pull through the hair with your fingers, gently removing any tangles if necessary.
4. Leave to air dry and the wig will again be bouncy and shiny.
GLUING YOUR WIG DOWN-
If you are looking at gluing your wig down we recommend using Schwarzkopf Taft full-on. It is a water resistance spiking gel that will hold the wig down and get your hair safe and healthy. Yass girl! X
Comments will be approved before showing up.